We left each others at the first step of the puff pastry dough making where you let your dough rest.
Now we are going to make turns 🙂 Follow the steps and you will succeed your puff.
1.Remove your dough from the fridge
2. Place your dough on the kitchen bench
3. Pull the dough with a rolling in until you dough is approximately a square of 12 cm / 5 inches
4.Cut slices of butter ( should be as thick as your dough)
5. Fold your dough in order to cover the butter.
6. Press the dough with a rolling pin lengh wise up to 1 cm thickness to distribute evenly the butter
7. Think of your dough divided in three ( like if you were folding a letter) . Fold the bottom third and the top third on top.
8. You should have now a three layer dough rectangular. Wrap it in a plastic folder and set it to the fridge during 20 minutes
9. repeat this operation 5 times more
Guess what you are finally done ! … congratulation you can now use your dough for croissants, pains au chocolat or a pie.
PS: the dough can be frozen .. you do not need to make it every time 😉