Tapas have become hugely popular around the world. I have noticed in my 7 years living in Norway that people really enjoy this type of snaking. Meat balls, cheese on crips, nuts etc … Tapas can be declined in so many ways.
I would like to propose you an appetizer inspired from what we eat in France. I prepared last week on Saturday. Its easy to make and very tasty.
- 250 grams of flour ( wheat or spelt )
- 125 grams of butter
- 125 grams of sugar
- 1 egg
- cherry tomatoes
- Provence Herbs ( Rosmarin, Thyme, …) but also tarragon and mustard or marjoram .
- Mix the flour, butter (it has to be taken out of the fridge 1 hour before), the egg.
- Knead the dough during 3 minutes (I use a Kitchen Aid) and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 4 to 5 millimetres and lay it on a baking sheet.
- Prick the dough ( so that it does not swell.)
- Cut the dough in small square of 5 cm by 5 cm
- Sprinkle Provence Herbs on all squares ( or tarragon)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and put on half on each squares of dough.
- Set in the oven at 180 c during 10 minutes.