∼Passion fruit and dark Chocolate mousse∼ Mousse Passion et Chocolat
Dark chocolate mousse is a dessert that brings me back to childhood and I never get tired of it. I love combining chocolate with spices or fruits and one of my favourite is chocolate and passion fruit, which is know as Mogador by the Pierre Hermé fans.
serves 4 people
chill : 1 hour
preparation time : 15 minutes
- 100 grams of heavy cream
- 250 grams of bittersweet chocolate ( at home we use 75 % dark chocolate)
- 6 egg whites
- the juice of 4 passion fruits
- 40 grams of sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it into a bowl
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a a saucepan to a medium heat
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix well until a smooth and shiny result
- Sprinkle salt on the egg whites and whip them. While whipping them,add progressively the sugar. Stop whipping the egg whites when they are ferm. (Don´t be shy, it is better to have very ferm eggs in order to avoid a liquid mousse)
- Mix the egg yolks and and the juice of 4 passion fruits into the chocolate e and add the beaten egg white very carefully with a spatula. The movement should be rotative from down to top.
- Pour into glasses with a piping bag or a spoon and chill for at least an hour in the fridge.