( Recipe from Thierry Marx)
- 400 gr of butter
- 400 gr of flour
- 8 grams of salt
- prepare the puff pastry
1.To start the puff pastry you need to measure 100 gr of butter and leave it to room temperature until the butter is getting soft.
- In a kitchen aid mix the butter with 400 grams of flour as well as the 8 grams. the mix should look like a ” sand ” texture. This is the moment you are adding water. I have not added the amount of water on purpose. you will carefully add water progressively until you obtain a dough.
- Make a ” flat ball with a cross mark on top. Protect the dough and place it in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the remaining 300 grams of butter and protect it with a baking paper. Now you will have to flatten the butter with a rolling pin and shape it into a square. ( in my first attempts i was a bit clumsy, so I cut edges to to make it squared) I was Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5.After 30 minutes take out the dough and the butter. Roll the dough into a square shape and place the butter in the middle. wrap the butter with the dough. ( like an envelop)
- Knock the dough with a rolling pin to spread the butter evenly in the dough 8 you still need to keep the dough in a square shape.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape, turn the dough clockwise from a quarter and fold one third of the dough to the center, then the other third. Roll the dough a second time into a rectangular shape and fold it again with a third of the dough to the center and then the other third. Protect the dough and place it into the fridge.